Dear Do Son
Thank you for your understanding. We visited the Rex Hotel in HCMC - also 4 Star and it is clear that the Thang Loi is well below 4 Star standard in Vietnan. This was a comparison for us to confirm our personal assessment.
Also, we did not do some other parts of the scheduled tour like visiting My Son and some museums so you would have made some money as well.
What could be improved:
- Communication before the trip. I wrote to you to ask for confirmation all was okay and for an updated schedule. No response until I called on the mobile. Travellers who use tour company for the first time want re-assurance that everything is okay, have contact names and numbers. I did not get an updated schedule with the contact names of guides meeting us at the airprot and their contact details - what would happen if they had an accident? Also, our schedule was not up to date with hotel details, flights, etc. Please make sure you give up to date schedule to customers.
- Put a bottle of water in the car when people first arrive. They are normally grateful and it does not cost much money. All operators in Thailand do this service.
- Lunches were huge. You might want to check if clients are big eaters or not as we sent much food back to the kitchen. The restaurants could then deliver smaller size portions. But not a big deal.
What worked well:
- Guides were easy to find at airports and very good, especially the guide in Central Vietnam.
- Cars were of a good standard, clearn and comfortable.
- Drivers drove well and safely.
- Imperial Hotel in Hue is truely 5 Star. Great hotel, room, breakfast.
- We liked having some flexibility with the tour as sometimes we did not want to do everything as planned and this was supported by the guides.
- Cooking class was great experience.
- Liked the lunches especially when they were arranged in non typical tourist venues - great.
Feedback on other hotels:
- You already know our feedback on Hanoi. I would class this hotel as 3 star. Location was bad - taxi was needed for all activities. Room basic. Bed uncomfortable. Breakfast was terrible. Only postive thing was nice bar area by the Lake.
- Imperial - excellent and the standard we would expect for 5 star. Spa was also excellent. Friendly people, great room, good facilities and good location.
- Golden Sands - great location and outside facilities. Room was below expected standard for 5 star. Would class room as 4 star - just. Restaurant a la carte food was very poor. I would not recommend this restaurant to your guests. Door handle came off our room door on the first day and was not fixed. Left only 1 bath towel twice in our room. Extra pillows were delivered without pillow case. Hot water was extremely hot - I burnt myself first day. Breakfast was just okay.
- Equatorial in HCMC. Location not good but hotel had shuttle bus so okay. Breakfast okay. Room okay. No tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Room okay.
I hope you appreciate our feedback. We are very well travelled and we enjoyed the holiday and would and will recommend your services to your colleagues. We would also book with your company again,