Who need Vietnam visa?
All foreigners who wish to visit Vietnam are required Vietnam entry visas (issued prior to departure by local Vietnam Embassy/Consulate) or Pre-approved letters (issued by Vietnam Immigration Office to get visa stamped on arrival at Vietnam's International Airports). Both are supplied before arrival, except for citizens of countries having bilateral agreements on visa exemption. See information below:
Who are exempted from Vietnam visa?
* ASEAN countries: Passport holders from Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, and Lao are exempted from Vietnam visa within 30 days visit. The Philippines are exempted within 21 days visit. Brunei are exempted within 15 days visit.
* Passport holders from Korea, Japan, Russia and the Scandinavian nations (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, and Finland) are exempted from Vietnam visa within 15 days visit.
- Citizens of France and Chile holding valid diplomatic or official passports: No visa required for less than 90 days or several visits within 6 months.
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies: No Vietnam visa required for 60 days/time visit.
- Foreigners and Vietnamese nationals bearing foreign passports who enter Vietnam through an international border gate to travel to Phu Quoc Island and stay there for less than 15 days will also be exempted from Vietnam visa. Passports must be valid for at least 45 days. After arriving on Phu Quoc Island, the Vietnamese immigration department will be responsible for issuing visas on the spot if visitors want to travel other localities or stay in the island for more than 15 days.
- No visa required for Vietnamese overseas for less than 90 days staying if they are holding Vietnam visa exemption certificate. See more...
What types of Vietnam visa?
There are two ways of classification:
1- In terms of traveling purpose, there are three kinds of Vietnam entry visa:
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Visa for other purposes
2- In terms of length of stay and number of entry, there are 4 types of visa:
- 1 month single entry visa: Visa bearers are allowed to enter/exit Vietnam 1 time in (max.) 1 month stay.
- 1 month multiple entry visa: Visa bearers are allowed to enter/exit Vietnam as many times as possible, (max.) 1 month stay.
- 3 months single entry visa: Visa bearers are allowed to enter/exit Vietnam 1 time in (max.) 3 month stay.
- 3 months multiple entry visa: Visa bearers are allowed to enter/exit Vietnam as many times as possible, (max.) 3 month stay.
Vietnam visa symbols: it has four types A, B, C, D and is divided into 10 entry (A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, B4, C1, C2, D) for managing purpose. Hereunder is the definition for each symbol:
- A1: Granted to members of official delegations invited by the Party Central Committee, National Assembly, the President, Government and guests of equivalent ranks of the ministers, vice ministers, presidents and vice presidents of committees provinces and cities directly under the Central Government and their relatives, the accompanying.
- A2: Granted to members of foreign missions and their relatives, the accompanying.
- A3: Granted to the work of foreign missions or to visit members of foreign missions.
- B1: Granted to the Institute to work with the Supreme People's Procuracy, the Supreme People's Court, the ministries, ministerial-level agencies, government agencies, people's committees of provinces and cities directly under the Central Government and the Central offices of mass organizations.
- B2: Granted to the implementation of investment projects already approved by competent State licensing of Vietnam.
- B3: Granted for person(s) who come to do businesses with Vietnam Company.
- B4: Granted for person(s) who working in representative offices and branches of economic organization, culture and other professional organizations of foreign non-governmental organizations based in Vietnam.
- C1: Grant for travelers to Vietnam.
- C2: Be granted to enter Vietnam for other purposes or visit relative.
- D: Granted for travelers to Vietnam that do not have bodies, institutions, organizations and individuals welcome. Visa D symbol are valid for 15 days.
What is Vietnam visa on arrival?
Visa (up)on arrival is a letter approved by Vietnam Immigration Office, which allows you to enter and exit Vietnam for a given period. With approval letter for visa on arrival, you can only get Vietnam visa stamped at Vietnam international airports. See full information about Vietnam visa on arrival
Where to get Vietnam visa stamped?
You can get Vietnam visa stamped at Vietnam International Airport (for visa on arrival) or at pointed Vietnam Embassy/Consulate.
How long does it take to get visa stamped at airport?
It depends on the number person(s) applied visa on arrival like you. Usually it takes from 15 to 30 minutes. Make sure you have all below required documents ready:
What documents needed to get Vietnam visa stamped?
To get Vietnam visa stamped on your passport you need to bring:
- Your passport (with validity at least 6 months and have a blank page for new visa)
- 2 passport–size photos (4 x 6 cm).
- Copy of approval letter that we sent to you.
- Stamping fee, you pay directly in cash at the Immigration desk at airport (for visa on arrival) of at Vietnam Embassy/Consulate.
- For visa on arrival to save your time at Vietnam airport, you can download and fill in this form in advance. Photos and signatures are required.
What about passport validity?
To apply for a visa to Vietnam, your passport must have at least 6 month's validity. Therefore, if your passport is about to expire, please get a new one before applying for your visa in order to avoid unwanted problems at the airport.
What information do I have to provide for your visa service?
- Full name (exactly as in your passport)
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Date of arrival
- Purpose of visit
Can I change information after getting visa approval letter?
Once you receive the approval letter issued by Immigration Office, you cannot modify any information stated on the letter. In case you need to change these details or plan to arrive earlier than the approved date, you have to to reapply for a new visa approval letter.
What about photo requirement?
- Photographs must be identical, taken within the past 6 months.
- The image size from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head should be between 1 inch and 13/8 inches.
- The photographs may be in color or black and white.
- The photo must be full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background.
- Photographs should be taken in normal street attire, without a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline.
- Uniforms should not be worn in photographs with the exception of religious attire which is worn daily.
- If prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles are normally and consistently worn, they should be worn when the picture is taken.
- Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required to support the wearing of such glasses in the photographs.
Do I need to buy air ticket before applying visa?
You do not need to buy your air ticket upon applying visa.
Can I extend my stay in Vietnam?
Once to be in Vietnam, you can renew visa, extend your stay at any travel agent.
What is your visa service?
To help travelers get visa easier and save time, we provide visa service. With our service, all you do are: 1-Sending us your passport information; 2-Settle payment for the service; 3-Bring approval letter to get Vietnam visa stamped at Vietnam airport or pointed Vietnam Embassy/Consulate.
How your services work?
Our visa service cannot work without your co-operation, see how we work together:
You: Fill the visa application form, then settle visa service fee with secured payment gateway. If you do not want to pay online or need clarification, just send the information (download form). We will contact you shortly to sort-out any unclear issues.
We: Right after receiving your visa information and payment, we will process your visa; in urgent case this process takes only 4 hours, normal cases will take 2 to 3 working days. Then we will send you the copy Vietnam visa approval letter by e-mail after we get it from Vietnam Immigration Office. Copy of the same document will be transmitted to Vietnam Embassy/Consulate or Vietnam immigration checkpoints at International Airports, so that when the you arrives in Vietnam, the Immigration officers will have those documents on hand and will be able to issue your entry visa.
You: Bring the copy of approval letter to get Vietnam visa stamped at your chosen place (Vietnam Airport or pointed Vietnam Embassy/Consulate).
What is approval letter?
"Approval letter" or "Pre-approval letter" is a letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Office that allows the bearer get Vietnam visa stamped quickly and conveniently at Vietnam airport or pointed Vietnam Embassy/Consulate.
How can I get visa approval letter?
A copy of the Approval letter will be scanned and delivered to you by email, so please make sure that your email provided when applying visa is correct.
What is processing time?
The time needed to get your visa approval letter, from the day after your payment date till we send you the visa approval letter.
What are working days?
07:30 to 16:30 (GMT+07:00 Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta), Monday to Friday, except for National Holidays.
How long in advance should I apply visa?
Though it takes only 2-3 working days to get your visa approved, it is strongly recommended to apply visa 1–2 weeks in advance to avoid urgent fee and unwanted problems.
Can I enter Vietnam later than my granted arrival date in visa approval letter?
Yes, you can enter later than the arrival date in visa approval letter providing that you exit by granted exit date.
What are visa fees? service fee, stamping fee, what else?
You have to pay 2 times to get Vietnam visa:
1-Visa service fee, pay in advance to Tuan Linh Travel to get visa approval letter. Price for our service depends on nationalities, type of visa, processing time, number of applicants in group. Normally it cost US$20 for 1 month single entry visa for 1 traveler (with nationalities from Europe, North America, Oceania, ASEAN countries), the more people in the group, the cheaper service fee is. Apply Vietnam visa online and see our service fee;
2-Stamping fee, pay directly to Immigration desk at Vietnam airport of at pointed Vietnam Embassy/Consulate.
- Stamping fee for visa on arrival (visa stamped at Vietnam airports):
* US$45 for single entry visa less than 6 months;
* US$65 for multiple entries visa less than 30 days.
* US$95 for multiple entries visa 1 month and 3 months.
Russian travelers are exempted from this fee.
- Stamping fee for visa stamped at pointed Vietnam Embassy/Consulate: about US$25 to US$95, different from Embassy to Embassy.
Can I get refund if my visa application be declined?
Yes, you will get full refund for visa service fee if your application is declined by Immigration Office.
What about visa(s) for child(ren)?
For children that have their own passport, service fee is applicable; for children that share passport with parents, we deduct 50% service fee.
What are accepted payment modes?
You can pay our visa service fee with credit cards, bank transfer or money transfer service see more...
Can I arrange Vietnam visa without using your service?
Yes, your can arrange Vietnam visa your self by going directly to local Vietnam Embassy/Consulate.